Do you have a pet? If you do, then you know that caring for a pet is a lot like caring for a toddler. You’re juggling meals, play time, potty time, naps, and routine doctor’s appointments.
The picture below shows a boy and his kitten, together for 21 years!
To see more pets with their owners through the years, click here.
Pet Care Sheets
Caring for a pet is a big responsibility! Read and print these care sheets to see what you should do to keep your pet happy, healthy, and at home.
What is a Pet Advocate?
What is an advocate? Well, an advocate is a fancy word for someone who protects, cares for, and defends anyone who can’t speak for themselves. Another word for an advocate is a champion.
Can Kids Be Pet Advocates?
- If you love and care for a pet, you are an advocate.
- If you help homeless or lost pets, you are an advocate.
- If you make sure that all pets are treated kindly, you are an advocate.
Are You a Pet Advocate?
Use the comments section at the bottom of this page to tell us how you have been a pet advocate.
- Do you own a pet? Describe your pet. What are some things you do for your pet?
- Have you helped a homeless pet? Tell us how you helped.
Ready for some fun? Click here for games and activities.